South Padre Island Fireworks 2015

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Vicolette, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

South Padre Island will light up the night on Saturday, July 4 with one of the best fireworks displays with viewing from Laguna Madre Bay or the Gulf of Mexico. Make your way to the entertainment district to celebrate the holiday. While you're visiting South Padre Island, there's plenty to do on Sunday after the fireworks show including dolphin watching, kiteboarding, deep sea fishing, a visit to Sea Turtle, Inc., and the Schlitterbahn theme park.

2. felinefirend

felinefirend New Member

South Padre Island is great fun especially during July 4th. If you do happened to travel there and love nature, you may also want to check out Sea Turtle which is a rescue center for injured sea turtles. I was there last year and got to see them release over dozens of hatched turtles back into the ocean.

3. 23st6

23st6 New Member

To that I would also add doing a dolphin watching tour...you can arrange one of these tours from the Tequila Sunset Docks area.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

It's been awhile since I visited Texas. My last ports of were Arlington, Houston, and the last trip taking in the sights of Galveston but I didn't get to take advantage of any water activities. Both dolphin watching and visiting the sea turtle sanctuary would be interesting and educational activities for an itinerary. Thanks for sharing first-hand experiences.

5. stayawaycation

stayawaycation New Member

The fire works and the Schlitterbahn theme park was amazing.