South West Tent Camping

Discussion in 'Utah' started by mikste, Oct 9, 2006.

1. mikste

mikste Guest

My wife and I are in our late 50's and will be visiting south west USA, from Australia, late April 2007. We enjoy tent camping. We will be renting a car a would like to visit Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde. We will be in the area around 17 days. Can we tent camp in these areas? What facilities are there? What will the temperatures be like (anything between 5 degrees celcius and 40 degrees is ok). We are also hoping to travel by train, in early June, from Los Angeles to Salt Lake City and back in around four days. Can it br done?

Thanks,
    Mikste
    Australia

2. joe

joe Guest

Hi mikste,

For your convenience I gathered links to info on each site's camping facitilies. Hopefully they should tell you what you need to know about each place.

Monument Valley
    Zion Canyon
    Bryce Canyon
    Grand Canyon
    --Might want to look here, it states for permits to camp in April, you must apply by Dec 1.
    Mesa Verde

As far as weather goes, I believe Bryce and Grand Canyon can dip below 5 degrees celsius as a daily low (at least in April), it depends on where you are in the canyons. The other three should be fine for you.