Spain Hotel recommendation

Discussion in 'Spain' started by world trecker, Aug 23, 2006.

1. world trecker

world trecker New Member

I've been to Barcelona and Madrid once each, both times on business : \

The time in Barcelona I was put up for two nights at Hotel Costanza and I can't in good conscience not recommend it to anyone who might be in the area. The rate and return ratio was fantastic (it seems comparable hotels are about twice the price), you're within walking distance from las Ramblas yet far enough away to avoid the noise, the staff was excellent, the overall "feel" of the hotel was very modern with lots of clean hard lines and rich reds. A coworker made a comment about the size of the rooms, but I feel if you're traveling in Spain (or any country), you're probably not going to be spending a whole lot of time in your room unless you're ill or something. If you dislike your travel companion you might feel a little cramped but otherwise I couldn't complain.

I don't know about availability, but I'd imagine you can't just drop in and find a room. If you're gonna be in the area you should give this one a look though.

2. joe

joe Guest

Thanks for the advice! Despite it being cheaper than most of its ilk, it's probably still a little out of my budget, but if my budget ever changes...and I'm ever in Spain, I'll remember that! The one time I was in Spain it was also Barcelona but for only one night, maybe two. My gf and I stayed in what you might call a "dump." Good location...and not much else. Needless to say we didn't do much there other than sleep.

3. St. Ingo

St. Ingo New Member

i totally agree... i like at most in Spain the culture and the food...

best regards

4. dkd247

dkd247 New Member

With most of the main tour operators’ joining together the competition has started to disappear and this will drive up prices. We all know they will still have there bargain basement holidays to offer, but as we hand over our hard earned cash what are we getting in return? With the growth of low cost flights and the greater use of the internet, families have started to book their own holidays.
    Ok it may not be as easy as walking down the high street but in the end you will end up with a holiday of your choice and not the tour operator.

With more people looking to purchase a holiday home in the sun, they will be looking to make a return on there purchase while they are not using it. This gives you as a holiday maker an advantage of a quality holidays without the mark up of the tour operator.

I started to take advantage a few years ago when I was introduced bye a colleague at work and I have had great holidays ever since, from villas to hotels I have stayed in them all. Last year we went as a group to Gran Canaria. We stopped in a resort called the Gelimar in Puerto Rico. We hope next year to meet up again with our friend there, we were lucky enough to get a 2 bedroom at a very cheap price.
    Have a go for yourself. Save money & have a great holiday,
    I will add the link I used it may help you get started.
    Good Luck.

5. manuelrodriguez

manuelrodriguez New Member

cheaper heh? I will travel one of these days, Spain is my first option I wonder how much with 3 person in one room? I will bring with me my two kiddos~