Spiti Valley Tour

Discussion in 'India' started by SharkAttk, May 6, 2017.

1. SharkAttk

SharkAttk Love Sharks! Where's the next beach?

I plan to visit Spiti this month, and am wondering if this is the best time to go? If so how will I book a Spiti Valley package tour? All suggestions are welcomed.... Thanks.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Yes, May & June is a perfect time to visit Spiti. Most of the Spiti Valley Tours are organised during summer months from late May to late September. I took a 7 day Spiti Valley Innova Jeep tour last July and it was a great experience. The trip includes accommodation, camping, food, transfers, Monastery fees etc., The jeep travels through the most popular villages of Spiti Valley including Kibber and Komik which is the highest village of India.

You will get a chance to visit Tabo Monastery which is a 1000 year old UNESCO World Heritage Site. It's also known as Ajanta of the Himalayas. And the highlight of the trip is the stay near Chandratal Lake. Surrounded by mountains and rocky terrains, reaching Chandratal Lake via road is hard & risky, but worthful.

Confirm about the weather condition before you book and then travel ahead to Spiti Valley. Hope this help. Have a nice trip.