Spring training

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by mitraveler, Mar 18, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Have you had the chance to watch any spring training games? I keep meaning to make it to Mesa to watch some Cub games, but this always seems like a busy time of the year. What's your favorite team?

2. Sourlko

Sourlko New Member

watch the Phillies in Key West

in Key West you can catch the Phillies spring training games. I normally go there to watch a few pre-season games at the Half-Shell Raw Bar because It is never crowded there.

3. Publicspiker

Publicspiker New Member

Cactus League Arizona

the teams of the Cactus League will be playing Spring Training baseball in the Phoenix area. Im looking to see particularly the Los Angeles Dodgers and Milwaukee Brewers and, of course, sample some jumbo hot dogs

4. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Well, it was a pretty great Spring Training and now the regular season is here! Too bad the Cubs lost their first two games. They play in Mesa, and they city is building a huge new stadium. It should be ready in the fall of 2013 for spring training in 2014. I might need to plan a trip to Mesa two seasons from now!

5. VisitMesa

VisitMesa New Member

The new Cubs stadium is going to be awesome! Go Cubs!

6. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

It will be pretty cool. Too bad the Cubs can't really win right now. It's only been a week...but they've been a terrible team this season. I still love them though. So what else is there to do in Mesa?

7. Prendomino

Prendomino New Member

what to do in Mesa

The Cubs were awful last year and this season they're looking lethargic...I hope they don't come up with any excuses this time and blame their bad luck on some ridiculous omen(lol)...anyways, as far as what to do in Mesa you have to visit the Desert Botanical Gardens and the Heard Museum, which is a lovely museum with wonderful Native American artifacts.

8. VisitMesa

VisitMesa New Member

When you visit Mesa make sure you check out the Apache Trail. This scenic drive includes a ghost town, Dolly Steamboat on Canyon Lake and Tortilla Flats is a great stop too. Also, there are several museums in downtown Mesa and the Mesa Arts Center that are worth a visit.