St Kitts and Nevis

Discussion in 'Caribbean Islands' started by teresaw, Nov 24, 2010.

1. teresaw

teresaw New Member

anyone been to St Kitts and Nevis before, are they one or two islands? Please share your experiences and suggestions, I'd like to know what I can expect on vacation there..thanks!

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

St Kitts and Nevis are a two-island nation in the Caribbean with Nevis being as the untamed half of the nation so you will find wandering goats on the road.

To be honest, Nevis is a day-trip afterthought for most people, preferring the more refined St Kitts beaches, restaurants and nightlife). Though, if you're an eco tourist, you'll love the untapped wildlife and high-quality resorts in Nevis.

St Kitts island is the more popular of the two islands as it's larger with more beaches and a wider range of places to stay, and it also offers far more in terms of activities and opportunities.

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

My coworker is living on St. Kitts while her husband goes to vet school. She really loves the sun and the sand, but she's found some of the infrastructure packing. For instance, the power goes out a lot. And the first time she visited, she saw a man with a gun standing on a street counter--and no pants. But the beach is great!

4. askjeeves3

askjeeves3 New Member

St Kitts vs Nevis

Both islands (St Kitts and Nevis) are beautiful so I suggest spending a few days on each island, though If I had to choose, I'd pick Nevis. the reason being is because Nevis is smaller and more laid-back. Also, there is little cruise ship activity (mostly day-trippers coming over from St. Kitts). If you aren't the laid-back type then, your best bet would be St. Kitts, which has a larger town, and more choices for lodging and dining.