St Louis Mardi Gras 2012

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by Vicolette, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

In just a few days, on January 6, Twelfth Night begins marking the beginning of Soulard Mardi Gras in St Louis. Throughout January and February, the city is full of fun and festivities.The line-up includes, softball tournament, winter carnival, wine tasting, food, 5k run, Mayor's ball, pet parade, weiner dog derby, music, and the grand parade on February 18.

The St Louis Mardi Gras celebration is big and second only to the New Orleans celebration in the US so make your plans to attend and enjoy the party!

2. welosetosome

welosetosome New Member

going to St Louis Mardi Gras 2012

it's definitely a date on my calendar! im particularly looking forward to the southern comfort taste of Soulard as they'll be offering samples of their signature dishes and and one taste of Southern Comfort from the restaurants and pubs of Soulard.

By the way, it's at 1013 Ann Saint Louis, MO 63104, and admission and parking will be $5.00-$90.00

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

The taste of Southern Comfort would be a definite stop. The food and the Barkus Beggin parade and the weiner dog derby would be at the top of my list. Lots going on in the US and across the pond with Mardi Gras celebrations.

4. Maliagginii

Maliagginii New Member

watching the mardi gras parade

anyone has some suggestions on best place to watch the mardi gras parade that it's suitable for kids? I have never been before, but I can imagine it will be crowded along the whole route, still It'd be great to know about less congested spots?

5. welosetosome

welosetosome New Member

watch the parade near Busch Stadium

Anywhere near the Busch Stadium will be a good spot to stand with your kids. The reason being is that it's the starting point of the parade so it's normally less crowded there compared to when the route gets closer to Soulard. Another great incentive is that there's plenty of parking nearby around the stadium...have fun!

6. krainey

krainey New Member

When I lived in Missouri I found the public transportation to be the best option for Mardi Gras, even if it's crowded or a bit delayed. We drove from Columbia, parked at the edge of town and then came in that way. It just made things simpler, even if it took longer to do. Loved the event though. Soulard is such a fun area, and along with New Orleans, it seems like a lot of Mardi Gras photos focus on this terrific celebration.