St Thomas Shipwreck Virtual Tour

Discussion in 'Destination360 Copyright and DMCA settlements' started by d360, Sep 11, 2006.

1. d360

d360 Administrator

Hi All,

I wanted to share with you more underwater Virtual Tours since we just launched our
    Caribbean Travel Guide. Here's a dive in St. Thomas in a ship wreck its about 90-100 ft underwater.

2. ryder

ryder New Member

Those are pretty awesome. How do you shoot underwater 360s? I can imagine how you shoot normal ones, but it seems being underwater would make things much more difficult.

3. ryder

ryder New Member

There's also this one I'd seen before and went back and found from Hawaii. How do you shoot a 360 from a helicopter?!

4. d360

d360 Administrator

Hey Ryder,

Yes a bit more difficult not to scare the sealife. A few things that you don't do on land is float above camera, not bump it, carry and extra 30-40 lbs of weight. Don't forget to check your regulator "air is important".

The work in Kauai was shot from a helicopter with side door taken off. All you do is buckle in and lean out the side. Have the helicopter spin 360... and do some fancy computer work.

WARNING: I don't recommend this to anyone! your taking your life at risk and don't blame me if you take a high dive. My helicopter pilot was a ace!!

5. sharrychrist

sharrychrist New Member

Hi, this post is very informative; however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

6. surferFan

surferFan New Member

That was cool, Thanks for sharing this with the rest of us. Want to go there now......

7. d360

d360 Administrator

What sort of specific infomration are you looking for?

8. helloworldbea

helloworldbea New Member

That looks pretty neat! I guess we shouldn't try those at home. :)

9. genesis

genesis New Member

perfect angles taken! good work.. the place really looks so fresh and peaceful! the water is perfect!

10. patriciamd

patriciamd New Member

Wow. I'd love to check out the shipwreck some time. 90 - 100 ft underwater is pretty deep. I wonder how long an amateur diver, like me, could last?

11. farangi

farangi New Member

Thanks for sharing your links