Stamford tour

Discussion in 'Connecticut' started by westerner, Sep 8, 2008.

1. westerner

westerner New Member

Hi, Can someone recommend me a reasonably priced apartment/hotel in Stamford preferably near the beach for 3 weeks.I am planning a trip for 2 months to Connecticut and first to Hartford then to Stamford. As I like outdoors a lot but I would always prefer a place to stay in a less crowded area. are there any special things that I shouldnot miss, that is place, food, activity whatever, suggest me? thanx a lot.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

If you are looking reasonably priced hotel in Stamford , then you can go with the Amsterdam hotel or Stamford Marriott hotel, they offer rooms with low rates. Holiday season begins in November, so if you plan your Connecticut trip during this time, then everything will be expensive. Take a look at when to go page, you will get a perfect idea for your Stamford tour.

I have visited Stamford historical society museum, Stamford cone, WPA Murals at city hall and Stamford museum and nature center during my trip. And Stamford Downtown offers exciting events between June and December including sculpture exhibit, a helium balloon parade, music in Columbus Park and Crafts & Blues on Bedford Street and few years back I got a chance to see the helium balloon parade, it was the biggest event of connecticut and it was really wonderful.

You can find many fast food restaurants in dowtown, but I liked to have dinner at Amore restaurant, especially the wild boar and ostrich were delicious.You can try it too!