State of Idaho

Discussion in 'Idaho' started by Fergie, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Fergie

Fergie New Member

Hi, We'll be traveling to the state of Idaho in June and would like some suggestions as where to go. We're taking our three kids so we're looking for a nice family holiday. I would appreciate any inputs? thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
  2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Hi there,

I would certainly recommend Sun Valley and the Sawtooth Mountain National Recreation Area. Idaho Sun Valley offers many activities such as mountain biking and fly fishing.

The Sawtooth Recreation area is ideal for adventure trips, camping out in the woods, etc. You can even arrange guided tours through the area.

Another great place to visit is the town of Boise, where you can enjoy whitewater rafting on the rapids or simply floating on the river. This is definitely a popular and enjoyable experience for the whole family that you simply cannot pass. The Snake River and the Salmon River are two very good hot spots for rafting.

Finally, I would suggest to book all the activities you intend to do in advance as it would considerably work out cheaper, specially during the busy summer months as they tend to get fully booked.

Hope this helps
    VacationBuddy

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009