Statue of Liberty Interior Tours

Discussion in 'New York' started by wanderer, Sep 14, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Big news about a big lady: The Statue of Liberty is soon to again open for interior tours! She was shut down last fall for a yearlong restoration project, but that's coming to a close. On October 28, the Statue of Liberty crown tours will resume. Are you excited?

2. shelovestowa

shelovestowa New Member

it is great but i wished they reminded people they're still dong works there...when i visited Ellis island 2 days ago workmen were still working on the base of the statue the day we were there. also, it was incredibly crowded. i guess the news of lady liberty reopening made the waves. I'd suggest waiting a few more weeks so u avoid all the huge crowds now.

3. thesungo

thesungo New Member

Lady Liberty Interior opens on Oct 28

yes, the Statue of Liberty interior will reopen in late October (Oct. 28) right on her birthday, though the rest of the renovation is expected to be finished by the end of the year. Not point in going there now if you can't see the interior plus there's lots of work going around.

4. fassoPP

fassoPP New Member

statue of liberty closed due to Sandy

Just when I thought I could finally get to visit the state of liberty, I find out that it's closed and will have to wait a while longer! By what I gather, they're trying to repair the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy, which Im told is cosmetical. I hope that is really the case because after they spent $30 million (of our money) in refurbishing it, it'd be a bummer if they had to spend even more...

5. fentimans

fentimans New Member

Statue of Liberty still closed

I thought you should know that the Statue of Liberty is currently closed because of Hurricane Sandy. They're hoping to re-open it by Memorial Day this year.

6. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

The National Park Service is now targeting the Fourth of July. It should really happen this time!