staying in Switzerland

Discussion in 'Switzerland' started by kolopanir, Nov 19, 2010.

1. kolopanir

kolopanir New Member

We'll be a family of four going to Switzerland for three weeks. We'll be arriving in Zurich but want to visit Geneva. How long would you suggest spending in either place?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

If you're staying in Switzerland for three weeks, I suggest that you get around in Switzerland by train and purchase the Swiss Rail Pass to save money. I assume is your first visit to Switzerland so I recommend staying a week in the Bernese Oberland region since this area boasts the most beautiful scenery in the country,and with cable cars, gondolas and mountain railways of offer, you'll have plenty of choices to soak in the views.

I also suggest including a trip to Locarno if it is possible. Stay there for 3 days and soak up the unique combination of Italian Swiss influences.

3. BlackEyes

BlackEyes New Member

Actually, three days would be enough to cover a lot of the most popular spots in Geneva. But you might want to add a day or two to see other interesting areas.

4. shootandscore

shootandscore New Member

I have never been to switzerland but recently planning to come here for a vacation. Anybody who can guide me about some good places i can visit during my stay. I always wanted to come to Switzerland so i want my trip to be as memorable as possible. please nice and honest suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

5. Chris Tremlett

Chris Tremlett New Member

If you've come to Switzerland specifically to ski, then Andermatt should be on your list of places to go to enjoy some of the best skiing conditions in the world.
    Other places you can enjoy are Zurich,Geneva,Basel,Bern