Staying options & things to do in Ho Chi Minh City

Discussion in 'Vietnam' started by adakistkrazia, Jan 5, 2013.

1. adakistkrazia

adakistkrazia New Member

Hi guys, I’ll be on a 5 days trip to Ho Chi Minh City (with my wife and 2 kids - girl 5, boy 7) this year on 15 March. Can anyone suggest some affordable staying options in the city? Also, need advice on things to do with kids!

2. Dwele

Dwele New Member

best area to stay in ho chi minh city

Depends..there are many cheap places to stay where the locals are but to be honest most tourists end up staying in District 1(Pham Ngu Lao District), which is where 90% of tourists stay when visiting Ho Chi Minh City. District 1 is close to most of the main tourist sights like the Ben Thanh Market, the best hotels in the city, and where most of the action is at night.

3. narina12

narina12 New Member

Staying in Ho Chi Minh City

yep, District 1 all the way! though prepare for a lot of noise and huge tourist crowds. Other popular areas are Nguyen hue or Dong khoi if you want to stay in a quieter and more upmarket area, and the area around Pham Ngu lau, De Tham and Bui vien if you fancy staying in cheap hostels that backpackers frequent. As far as hotels, the Liberty Central hotel is next door to Ben Than market and always gets good reviews.

4. folls4th

folls4th New Member

things to do in Ho Chi Minh City

I was there only last year and had such a blast..such an underrated place. My favourite things to do in Ho Chi Minh City were shopping at Ben Thanh Market, visit Reunification Palace to learn about the Vietnam war, eat pho, take a boar ride along the Mekong river, and visit the famous Cu Chi Tunnels.