Stockholm hotel & night life

Discussion in 'Sweden' started by littleone, Jun 13, 2008.

1. littleone

littleone New Member

Hi,
    Can anyone advice on few things about Stockholm, our trip is in mid August...
    - any nice Stockholm hotel with lake view and spa? do they arrange Stockholm tours?
    - what about the Stockholm night life?
    - how will be the Stockholm weather in August?
    - 3 days enough?
    thanks.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

hi,
    The Stockholm weather in August will be sunny and perfect for your vaction, but evenings will be littlt bit cold, so take a jacket for the evenings!

The nightlife activities are pretty much in Stockholm year around and some of the clubs and bars like upmarket area in central Stockholm, Hells Kithchen, Laroy, Josefina, Ambassadeur and Hotellet will offer you enough entertainment. If you want hip and cool then Stureplan is the best choice!

I think 3 days is sufficient to visit lovely places and not too long at all as you can do day trips to the lovely archipelago, The Vasa Museum and islands like Grinda,Sandhamn,Uto and many many more!

hop this helps!

I suggest The Sheraton Stockholm is one of the best choices for having spa and lake view. It is located in the centre of Stockholm and very near to the shopping and Stockholm attractions. As per your wish it offers stunning views of Lake Mälaren, so request a room with a lake view and enjoy your holidays, Have fun!!!

3. butterflydog

butterflydog New Member

Stockholm is not cheap, no a lake-view hotel will be about 100€ per person and night.

Weather will be warm and hopefully sunny but not as hot as in italy. i'd say stockholm was about the same weather as new york in summer.

3 days will be nice but not enough to really discover the city. but i know, we have to set priorities

4. travbug

travbug New Member

hi all of you, i'll be in Stockholm at early august and I hope there is a ferry service available from Stockholm to Copenhagen?has anyone traveled, what was it like, how long did it take? please help.