Stunning new mountain resort in Oman

Discussion in 'Oman' started by Vicolette, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

In my research for new hotels that opened in 2015, there is a long list from standard brand named hotels to luxury digs. Then there's the Alila Jabab Akhdar situated on a mountain top in Oman . Talk about remote, peaceful, serene, and panoramic views, this hotel has all that plus subtle elegance and a mega "wow" factor. Beautiful. Just wanted to share.

2. Gingerpan

Gingerpan New Member

I wished they did resorts like this on the Grand Canyon rim like they do in Oman. I have heard of several mountain hotels over there. I can only imagine what it must be like to be up there in one of these resorts and the views. I would imagine guests would have to use a 4wd vehicle?

3. MikeMachida

MikeMachida New Member

So this must be the third mountain resort in Oman if I am correct. I've seen some pictures online of one of the resorts and it looks like you can choose from staying in tents or rooms. I bet sunset views in the evening must be amazing!

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

The first word that came to my mind was, breathtaking. I can only imagine the total tranquility and serenity that must be experienced while standing on what looks like the edge of the world. Stunning. And yes, guests need a 4 wheel drive vehicle to make the trek .