Suggestins for touring California with 8yr old triplets from England!

Discussion in 'California' started by triplets, Sep 2, 2006.

1. triplets

triplets New Member

Hi,
    We are coming over next Aug hopefully for 4 weeks. We want to fly into San Fran and out of Arizona. We have been three times before, before the trio were born, so its a different ball game! Don`t want to go south as we have really would like to see something new, guess we have pretty much done all the most popular places, just looking for something different, unusual. Fun accomodation for 5 to please!

2. triplets

triplets New Member

Is there anybody out there?

3. VegasEd

VegasEd Guest

Yosemite and Ghiradelli (SF) are musts!

4. joe

joe Guest

Fly into SF and take in a Giants game at Pac-Bell--err, AT&T Park. Lame name aside, the park is GORGEOUS. Coming from the UK you might not care too much about baseball, but the park truly is magnificent and transcends the game. I'm tempted to recommend another million things in SF since it's such a great city, but with 3 kids the checkbook would definitely take a hit as it's not exactly cheap there.

5. d360

d360 Administrator

Take them to Alcatraz Island and on the ultimate tourist ride a Cable Car.

6. John Evans

John Evans Guest

The north coast is beautiful and off the beaten path. The village of Mendocino sits by itself on bluffs overlooking the ocean. It's a quiet getaway, and the serenity may be what the doctor ordered.

As an alternative, drive south on Highway 1 from San Francisco, along the San Mateo coast, through Santa Cruz, Monterey and Carmel, and then down the Big Sur coast. Highway 1 along Big Sur is meant for slow driving, with incredible views.

7. triplets

triplets New Member

Hi,
    We have actually done all the things you mentioned in past trips. highway 1 was so fantastic. We are re-thinking our route and may now fly into LA and out of San Fran, still doing Arizona, would like to see more of that. What I am looking for mainly is really nice accomodation at a price we can afford! So any recommendations please for Carlsbad/San Diego, Joshua Trees, Yosemite, San Fran for starters!

8. Wilo

Wilo New Member

You may want to consider Disney, SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo, Solvang the Danish Village. Beaches like Santa Monica, Santa Barbara or Laguna Beach can fit the whole famility too.

9. Hi! I think the most obvious place to visit is Disneyland. I know many people will tell you that it's overrated, but I first went to Disneyland when I was 15 and I loved it! I think it's definately a place that your kids would love, but that you would love too simply because it brings out the kid in everyone. Even my parents had a blast. I then was able to visit again when I was 17. All I thought was that I'd seen it all before so I was just wasting my time, but I still had so much fun! I did see stuff that I hadn't noticed the last time. I'm not sure what the current admission prices are, but you most definately could find that on the net. Most likely on their site. They tend to be a little bit expensive, but when I went anyway,. You could get in fairly early and stay really late (I believe it was about midnight when we left).

10. triplets

triplets New Member

Still looking for accomodation, have got good flights booked from the 26th July-23rd Aug, into LA out of San Fran, need to find lodging for no more than $200 a night maximum, finding it difficult.

11. icesar

icesar New Member

First of all, may I say kudos on travelling with three young children! (yikes) Have you guys ever considered renting a camper and driving around the state? It's a great way to get around, and you would have a tv / video games / bathroom to keep the kids managed.