Summer vacation

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by somebody_in_you, Jun 5, 2008.

1. somebody_in_you

somebody_in_you New Member

Hi, I'm going to Alaska this summer with my family. We plan to have a 5-day trip. I'm comparing prices among some travel agencies. Kinda confused. Any of you guys can suggest me some prices? Thanks a lot!

2. Lynnie81

Lynnie81 Moderator

I would be happy to help you with this but i would need some information first.. Can you please tell me where you are travelling from, How will you be making the journey i.e driving, by plane. Where in Alaska would you most like to stay and what type of accomodation are you looking for. Once i know these things i will look into whats available and can hopefully give you some advice to make planning your trip easier.

If your unsure of where you would like to stay you could look at the Alaska section of the website where you will find information on places to visit, things to do and accomodation.

3. somebody_in_you

I've a lot of Fairbanks. Is it beautiful? I'd like to go by plane from Singapore. Any websites?

4. Lynnie81

Lynnie81 Moderator

Fairbanks is extremely beautiful. If you look at the webpages you will find useful information on the area and things to do on your trip.

Booking your vacation doesnt have to be confusing. Firstly you can look at the Flight Comparison Tool. This will show you all flights from Singapore to Alaska, and since it covers several Airlines you will be able to find the cheapest fare.

Also if you check the section on Hotels in Fairbanks you will find the types of accomodation available and this would be a great place to start when planning your trip.

5. somebody_in_you

I'm checking it. Thanks for your advice!

6. f765

f765 New Member

when is the best time to plan our trip to view the Northern Lights in Fairbanks... is it active year around? my kids are very excited to watch it? anyboy help?

7. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

As far as I know, late August and early April are the suitable time to view the northern lights of Alaska. My friend has gone to Fairbanks last september and he said he saw the aurora borealis or northern lights on Sep.22nd on a new moon night. He went outside town, away from the city lights and found it very late night, he said that it was really an unforgettable experience.This Northern Lights can't be seen through out the year, only few days are possible.

This may help you decide to make your Fairbanks trip to see the Northern Lights! best of luck!

8. f765

f765 New Member

thanks for your time Andrew, i'm really looking forward to see the northern lights of Alaska...

9. vdg23

vdg23 New Member

hi my friends,any other places to view the Northern Lights of Alaska other than Fairbanks.. could you help me, my vacation is at Anchorage ...

10. travbug

travbug New Member

You said your vacation is at Anchorage, so when is your trip?because March and September are the best months of the year to view the Northern Lights, that's why most of visitors coming to Anchorage in winter. You can view the northern lights from Anchorage only during a cold, clear winter night. so make your hotel bookings in advance.

11. geoffinak

geoffinak New Member

September is when you could reasonably expect some good viewing. The best time is winter, October through March. You need to have darkness to see the lights and until September the sun will stay make it light till about 10 p.m. or so.

If your main interest is the Northern Lights, then plan later in the year. Chena Hot Springs Resort outside of Fairbanks is a good place, also some remote lodges stay open year round. You want to be out of the city lights to get the best views.

If you really want help let me know.
    Geoff

12. jackeyabc

jackeyabc New Member

Alaska is otherwise called as Pleasant island,and it is the largest island in Isy Straits.This grouping of relatively small islands is unique in that the three largest islands are very different in topography, use and character. Pleasant Island is fairly flat and has a mixture of old-growth forest and muskeg. The island has a couple of small lakes that can be hiked to from the shoreline. The island has many beaches friendly to small boats or kayaks and several areas that are used for camping. Pleasant Island is located just a couple of miles from Gustavus, Alaska, and Glacier Bay National Park. Many people kayaking to and from the park stop at Pleasant Island for lunch or a campover

-------------
    jackyabc
    Social media marketing