sun-kissed destination for families

Discussion in 'Beaches' started by shaslikjhon, Nov 18, 2010.

1. shaslikjhon

shaslikjhon New Member

i want to get away this January for 5 days (any time) and I need suggestions for a sun-kissed destination with white sandy beaches, not too touristy but offers great amenities for families with small kids ..any suggestions?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

My initial thought was Hawaii, specially Maui, though it's fairly expensive and far for a short vacation. I think your best bet is somewhere at home not the Caribbean.

Consider the Gulf coast of Florida, it's got great family beaches and great amenities for families. Places like Fort Meyers, Sonestra, Naples boast lovely white sandy beaches, state parks for hiking and you can find cheap hotels.

3. jackbenny

jackbenny New Member

Caribbean islands have beautiful beaches and excellent snorkeling, and everything else you are looking for.

4. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

I agree! Aside from Hawaii, the Caribbean offers the best compromise for a vacation destination outside of mainland US. Whether you are traveling with the family, kids, or on a honeymoon, you will find a caribbean island to suit your needs. My favorite Caribbean spots are Bonaire, Ocho Rios, Antilles and St Lucia. What are yours?

5. jackbenny

jackbenny New Member

Most definitely Barbados. If you do decide to travel to an island you should visit Barbados. Barbados is a beautiful island. Lots of lovely scenery and so much to do, morning noon and night.