Sweden to Finland in december

Discussion in 'Sweden' started by Babybluebull, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Babybluebull

Babybluebull New Member

Could you suggest the best way to get between Sweden and Finland? has anyone done it by cruise and what city is more interesting, Stockholm or Helsinki? by the way, we'll be traveling with bikes also...

2. Ihaveseen

Ihaveseen New Member

If money isn't an issue, I would definitley say to catch a plane. Otherwise, a cruise is a nice alternative to get between Sweden and Finland. As far as traveling with bikes, I would reconsider traveling with bikes in December. the weather isn't that great for cycling in Scandinavia in winter and you may have problems transporting them. How were you planning to bring the bikes?

3. Babybluebull

Babybluebull New Member

try viking or Silja lines if you want to do an Scandinavian cruise. as far as more interesting city, I might be biased (i was born in Sweden) but i think Stockholm is a cooler city and also bigger. there are lots of great attractions such as the vasa museum ship (a real pirate ship over 400 years old). Also, Stockholm is a great place to visit in the weeks leading up to Christmas, and you will find lots of Christmas markets and many restaurants serving Christmas smorgasbord (uhm, yum yum).

4. simplethings

simplethings New Member

Scandinavian cruise

try viking or Silja lines if you want to do an Scandinavian cruise. as far as more interesting city, I might be biased (i was born in Sweden) but i think Stockholm is a cooler city and also bigger. there are lots of great attractions such as the vasa museum ship (a real pirate ship over 400 years old). Also, Stockholm is a great place to visit in the weeks leading up to Christmas, and you will find lots of Christmas markets and many restaurants serving Christmas smorgasbord (uhm, yum yum).