swimming with dolphins in Egypt

Discussion in 'Egypt' started by ElCamono, Jan 19, 2011.

1. ElCamono

ElCamono New Member

has anyone had the chance to swim with dolphins, particularly in Egypt? what's the experience like? I had always wanted to swim with wild dolphins, and I could have the opportunity to do this while in Egypt. Does any one of excellent reefs and dining companies where I could book this with?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Swimming with dolphins was a life changing experience for me.

I remember the first time being in the water with dolphins in Blue Lagoon Island in Bahamas. I remember thinking to myself wow! I always use to think about how I would feel swimming with dolphins, but it's totally beyond any expectations I had.

I cannot wait to swim with dolphins again, but this time I would like to take my family, especially my little sister and just see her face.

Regarding tour operators and diving sites, there are plenty of good dive operators in Hurghada and Marsa Alam such as Wild and Free who are highly recommend.

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Dolphins in Egypt? I wouldn't have guessed that. It makes more sense that they'd be in the Bahamas. But this is really interesting. Having fun at the beach, both on and off shore, is one of the popular things to do in Egypt.

4. keralahmart

keralahmart New Member

dolphins in egypt?.... didn't know they had some there.

5. thesungo

thesungo New Member

swimming with dolphins? why not white sharks?

sounds like an ignorant thing to say keralahmart...Believe me, dolphins aren't only found in aquariums or zoos, which by the way I detest because animals in captivity is just wrong. You want to swim with dolphins? Head to the open sea...you'll find them there along with white sharks, whales and other lovely marine creatures who you can play with;)

6. amiramo

amiramo New Member

hurghada, Marsa allam, Sharm el sheik are all great spots for swimming with dolphines,
    dahab is a gr8 spot for diving and swimming in general (in addition to the previous stuff)

7. africauntamed

africauntamed New Member

Well I have experienced it but not in Egypt. I have experienced it in Australia and it was a life time experience. Swimming with dolphins is an activity offered by many dolphinariums around the world, and there is a large and varied array of interactive programs and activities. Each dolphinarium usually has their specific supply and particular way to present their activities. Most programs include direct contact with dolphins; in some places it is allowed to take the dolphin fin and be dragged by the animal. Other dolphinariums do not allow this because it could be harmful to the animal.