Sydney or Melbourne?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by travelchic, Jan 1, 2008.

1. travelchic

travelchic New Member

Which do you think should we visit?

2. d360

d360 Administrator

Why not visit both?

Sydney has the Opera House, harbor cruises, amazing summer festivals. I've always wanted to climb the bridge.

Melbourne has great cafes, shops, and shopping. I'd check out the Great Ocean road and the Aquarium as well.

Any thoughts of visiting the Great Barrier Reef?

3. travelchic

travelchic New Member

Love to do GBR. Scared of the jellyfishes though. Dunno how much time we're gonna have to make time for both states.

4. nz-tourism

nz-tourism New Member

I would prefer Sydney than Melbourne. GBR.. hmm interesting, lets see..

5. CFarrow

CFarrow New Member

I would definitely recommend seeing both cities if you can - they are very different. Sydney can be a bit rough while Melbourne tends to be more artistic. Both great cities to visit, even if just for a short while.
    I love the trams in Melbourne :)

6. travelchic

travelchic New Member

I have posted this message about a month ago, and I still havent decided, but I did consider visiting both. :)

7. garrys

garrys New Member

Sydney and Melbourne are both good. If you haven't been to Australia before then Sydney is the one to go to. It has everything. Climbing the harbor bridge is defiantly a thing to do if your into a frill. The city has something on all the time. The harbor is excellent and lots of events go on around it.

Melbourne on the other hand is quieter then Sydney, but still really big, and has wonderful cafes and events like the comedy festival, the Australian open and car racing.