Syria Travel

Discussion in 'Syria' started by girin, Jun 24, 2008.

1. girin

girin New Member

I'm traveling to Syria next month can you recommend the best places to visit while there? any special places to stay would be great too!

thanks,
    girin,

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

hi, there are many options to see and stay in Syria, but I'm not sure which city you prefer, whether Damascus, Aleppo, Bosra, Palmyra, Crac des Chevaliers or some other... ????

3. girin

girin New Member

yes, i'm visiting Damascus, the capital of Syria:)

4. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

That's fine, Damascus ot only capital but also one of the most ancient cities in the world. It relies on the Barada River of Syria and offers pleasant environment to visitors for any type of getaways.

I suggest you to stay in "the Palm Village" hotel which is located in distinct place and you can enjoy the healthy atmosphere and quite surrounding here. It is very near to Damascus mid-town and the business center, only 20 minutes drive. This hotel offers excellent view.on Al Sabora meadows and Lebanon eastern mountains. This four-star deluxe hotel is capable of providing the highest standards of service to everyone. You can book a room through "hotelrentalgroup" travel services and their contact number is (+971) 4 701 7943.

The Old City of Damascus has many things to visit including the Umayyad Mosque, Al-Hamidiyya Souq, Azem Palace and the Citadel. But it is also great just to wander around because all the most important places of Damascus are in the old city, so need to travel a long. Visit the Wall, the Gates, and all that lies within the Old City and explore city of Damascus, have a good time!

5. travbug

travbug New Member

Is there any buses running from Istanbul to Damascus? is it advisable?how long it will take? any idea..

6. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

No idea on buses and haven't heard any buses from Istanbul to Damascus. But there is a weekly train available to travel from Istanbul to
    Damascus. The train with a sleeper wagon runs every Thursday and the cost is €34. But the travel time will be very long, approx. 35hrs, pretty long trip, isn't it?

7. travbug

travbug New Member

thanks. very helpful input. I heard that there is a bus trip available from Istanbul to Damascus, but the journey too is tedious and time consuming, the border crossing will take more time. Also you said that the train trip will take 35hrs, so i have to rethink about the overland trip from Istanbul to Damascus.. !!!! anyway thanks.