Tallest hotel in the world opens dining rooms

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by wanderer, Feb 13, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

You may not be shocked to learn that the tallest hotel in the world is in Dubai. It's just short of the same height as the Empire State Building. The 77-floor JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai opened last November, and now it's getting around the opening its dining rooms. The JW Marriott Marquis is now home some nine dining rooms, all sumptuous and extravagant.

2. abrahamlk

abrahamlk New Member

I'm travelling with my brother and wife, who have never been overseas. Any ideas how it costs to stay at the JW Marriott. Dubai seems like a such an expensive place. Aside from the JW Marriott, what other places would you recommend to stay at for folks on a shoe string budget?

3. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

In Dubai, everything's pretty expensive. But that doesn't mean everything's out of reach, You find some hotels and apartment rentals for $70-$100 a night. Like in the States, you can often get a lot at the cheaper hotels, perks like WiFi and breakfast. Even if you're not on a shoestring (like you and me Abrahamik), you should check into the amenities at the cheap hotels.

4. Ontour99

Ontour99 New Member

There are many cheap hotels and apartments to choose from in Dubai. For instance, the Dar Al Sondos Hotel Apartments are nice, inexpensive and have a washer + kitchen in each room. I have also stayed at the Golden Sands which is just 15 min cab ride to the Burj Khalifa.