Taxi fares from Mazatlan Airport to hotels

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by AliCat, Nov 23, 2011.

1. AliCat

AliCat New Member

Does anyone know what is the Riu Emerald Bay Hotel Shuttle from the airport costs? I'm going to Mazatlan in December and trying to figure out the cost of transportation, etc. Thanks!

2. krainey

krainey New Member

Riu Emerald Bay Hotel Airport Shuttle

Actually, yes—there's a zone system in place for what taxis and airport shuttles cost in Mazatlan, based on the location of your hotel. The shuttle fares for the zones are:
    Zone 1: 85 pesos
    Zone 2: 100 pesos
    Zone 3: 110 pesos
    Zone 4: 132 pesos

The Riu Emerald Bay is in Zone 2, so that's 100 pesos, or a little over $7.

3. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger New Member

Taxi vs. shuttle from Mazatlan Airport

Thanks for the info on the shuttle zones. Do you have the same for taxis? And what's the price difference between taking a taxi vs. a shuttle from the Mazatlan Airport to the hotels?

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

The answer to your question about taxis vs. the shuttle depends on the how many people are with you and how far you're going.

For hotels in zone two, four people in a taxi will cost about $340. It's more expensive for four people in the shuttle, about $400. Plus you have the inconvenience of dropping people off at other hotels. A taxi is more direct and can get you right to the front door.

5. d360

d360 Administrator

Prices have went up. I just returned from Mazatlan and a trip from the airport to RIU was $40US. I couldn't believe it a 30+min cab ride in Mexico.. And the return cab from Centro Historico was $30 to airport. Prices sure have went up.

6. icansee34

icansee34 New Member

yellow taxis and airport shuttle fares

just wanted to add a bit more info on fares for both taxis and shuttles in US dollars:

Zone 1 (old Mazatlan to Golden Zone)

Taxi: $26
    Shuttle: $6.50 pp

Zone 2 (El Cid Marina Hotel up to Cerritos Point)

Taxi: $29
    Shuttle: $7.50 pp

Zone 3 (Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay and Playa Delfin)

Taxi: $35
    Shuttle: $9 pp

Zone 4 (Oceanica and Stone Island)

Taxi: $44
    Shuttle: $11 pp

7. mcafeepou

mcafeepou New Member

getting to Mazatlan Airport

I would add that these taxi and shuttle bus prices are only from Mazatlan Airport to the city. the only way to get back to the airport is by taxi. The average taxi price is around $35 and will take around 30 minutes give or take. Btw, only yellow airport taxis are allowed to carry passengers from the airport so don't use any other taxis.