temporarily in the United States

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by juliaRoberts, Apr 7, 2011.

  1. juliaRoberts

    juliaRoberts New Member

    what happens if you lose your U.S. visa? is this happens can you simply ask for another one?
  2. Ruby

    Ruby Guest

    If you are a foreign citizen temporarily staying in the United States losing your visa is a big issue, since immigration and security is a big issue in the states right now.

    If you were to lose your U.S. visa, you can remain for the duration of your authorized stay, but you will need a valid passport to depart the United States, so make sure that your passport won't expire while you're there, otherwise you'll find all sorts of hassle trying to leave.

    By the way, if you lose your U.S. visa, you cannot get a replacement in the U.S, and you will need to provide a written account documenting the loss of your passport and visa.

Share This Page