Thai coup

Discussion in 'Travel Industry News' started by Share22, May 26, 2014.

1. Share22

Share22 New Member

It seems the Thai military has taken over the country which seems to have affected the tourism..in fact, it appears that the army implemented a nationwide curfew from 10pm to 5am after taking over power to restore order. Has anyone been affected or had their vacation or tours cancelled? would be great to heard from someone who's based in Thailand...

2. RoyaleCasion

RoyaleCasion New Member

Last thing I heard is that the Thai military lifted curfews in major tourist spots like Phuket, Koh Samui, and Pattaya. I don't think this so called coup is affecting tourists in any way which is weird because you'd think so...does anyone even know much about this coup in terms of local opinion? I'd be curious to know how the average Thai person is being affected by this.

3. wantJok

wantJok New Member

There are still a travel warning to Thailand, though it's hard to tell what is really going unless someone's already there. I too heard that tourists hot-spots aren't affected but other sources say that tourism is still taking a hit so who knows. What i've been hearing also is the US has suspended military aid to Thailand but I cannot gather what the unrest in Thailand's really about.