The time to buy a cheap flight tickets

Discussion in 'Flights' started by beeargry, Mar 8, 2016.

1. beeargry

beeargry New Member

Domestic tickets: The best time to buy airline tickets for Indian travel is between three months and 30 days before departure.

International fares: The best time to buy international airline tickets is between 5 ½ months and 1 ½ months before departure. During peak seasons such as June, July and August or December holidays, purchase tickets two months in advance.

2. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I've heard that tickets are cheapest when purchased on Tuesday afternoons. I don't know if that's an urban legend or fact, but I've heard that. Has anyone seen this to be true?

3. Destinee Hobbs

Destinee Hobbs New Member

Yup! I also heard about it lately that it is on a Tuesday where in you can grab the cheapest promo fare. Thursday is a good day too for purchasing airline tickets.

4. Liza F

Liza F New Member

I also heard Tuesday is the best day to buy tickets 3 weeks before your flight date.

5. DanielHolden

DanielHolden New Member

Warning! TRAVEL HACK COMING UP

It doesn't need to be expensive to buy flights any time of the year, it depends what type of flights you buy.

The cleverest First Class passengers are paying only a little more than the person at the back of the jet sat on top of the toilets, in the middle of the middle row.

Take a typical flight with British Airways, LAX - LHR return (11 hours each way)

(And please feel free to go check these prices)

Refundable Economy Seat was $4,200
    Non-Refundable Business Seat (with Insurance) was $4,600
    Non-Refundable First Seat (with Insurance) was $6,800
    (For insurance prices i went to AardvarkCompare(dot)com)

For those of you who would prefer to keep the airlines profitable, here is the price for that Refundable First Class Ticket.. $23,423.89

$23,400 for a First Class Refundable ticket, or $6,800 for a First Class Non-Refundable with Insurance

$6,800 for a $23,400 seat?!

British Airways wants $6,300 for the Non-Refundable First Class Seat.

I then add a $450 Cancel For Any Reason Travel Insurance Policy

So, for $6,800 I am paying $2,500 more than the guy with the Refundable Economy Flight. I am in First Class.

Why does this work?

Simple - Travel Insurance is based on risk, and the probability of claim.

Flight prices are based on pricing models that try to gouge as much money out of a passenger as is humanly possible.

That’s a $16,600 saving. Same flight. You’re welcome.

d360 likes this.
  6. d360

d360 Administrator

Ok I will need a minute to digest this!