Things to do at Morain Lake

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Vicolette, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Located in Banff National Park, Morain Lake is one outstanding place for a vacation. Hundreds of trails for hiking, horseback riding, fishing, canoeing, and rafting for the adventurous soul. Enjoy the beauty of the lake along with more scenic views along Lake Louise.

2. absolutebuff

absolutebuff New Member

Moraine Lake most beautiful lake in the world

Viewing and hiking up for views over Moraine Lake is pretty much the main attraction and the main thing to do there aside from canoeing and boating. I've been to other lovely lakes around the world like Mono Lake (California), Five Flower Lake (China) and Laguna Colorada (Bolivia), though I gotta say Moraine Lake is by far the most beautiful in the world.

3. RedStripe

RedStripe New Member

getting to Morain Lake

Love going to Moraine Lake and since I live in Banff I can there in 15 minutes or so. It's best to drive a car if you plan to to visit the lake because you'll be able to carry outdoor gear in the boot. Saying this, if, you don't have a car you can always catch the Greyhound bus from Banff Station, though the bus isn't direct and will stop at Lake Louise village, which is about 7 miles from the lake. Once at the village, rent a bike to get there (bikes cost around for about $45 for the whole day).

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Canada is on my list of places to visit. I can only imagine how beautiful it is in Banff. Thanks for the info about the bike rentals. That would be a lot of fun!