things to do in Cape Town

Discussion in 'South Africa' started by purplehills2, Mar 4, 2011.

1. purplehills2

purplehills2 New Member

we'll be staying for 4 days in Cape Town coming from Johannesburg, and would like to try and make the most out of the sights. what's not to miss?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

I've been to Cape Town for 10 days and wished could've stayed longer.There is so much to do in Cape Town! Here is my recommendations:

-Whale Watching between Simons Town and Fish Hoek is a must in Cape Town if you travel here in the spring.

-Tour of Cape Town's Winelands

- Visit Robben Island, and the place where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned.

- Hike Table Mountain for excellent views of downtown Cap Town and the ocean.

3. samantha83

samantha83 New Member

Hi everybody, I am new in this forum and my name is Samantha Kelly. Also wanted to share about places to go in Cape Town. Cape Town has so many beautiful sceneries to offer, but will only mention a few attractions. City tours I would have to recommend Table Mountain Cable Way, District Six, Museum, Castle of Good Hope and fabulous scenic drives Kirstenbosch Gardens, Wine Tour of Constantia Valley, World of Birds, Imizamo Eyethu Township, and Camps Bay.Cape Town Hotels near the waterfront hosts the biggest tourist attractions, the Waterfront evokes images of the early activities of the harbour. Much of its charm lies in the fact that this busy commercial harbour is set in the midst of a huge entertainment venue with pubs, restaurants,

4. JH123

JH123 New Member

You definitely shouldn´t miss Shark Cage Diving. I did it recently and it was great. The company I booked it with was Shark Discovery ( sharkcagedive.co.za ). I can highly recommend them. Everything was very well organized and it was an unforgettable experience!

5. Eyewitness

Eyewitness New Member

Hi there, yip Cape Town has much to offer, just a few hints do not plan to far in advance as the weather (although good in summer) is a bit unpredictable, but can differ from 1 region to another, and lastly to experience it properly you need at least 5 full days.