things to do in cuba

Discussion in 'Cuba' started by howhow, Nov 12, 2010.

1. howhow

howhow New Member

anyone got suggestions on things to do in cuba to help me plan my Cuba vacation? Should I base in Havana? where in Cuba might be best?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

It depends. If you're planning a beach vacation and prefer the tourist atmosphere, then Varadero will be the place for you. However, if you're traveling to Cuba to soak in the real Cuba, and enjoy the Cuban experience, there is no place best like Havana.

In Havana, you can stroll the famous Malecon, which is a mile-long waterfront where you can watch the sun go down and marvel at historic buildings.

Touring Old Havana is also one of the top things to do in Cuba since it's the heart of Cuba. The district is filled with colonial-era buildings such as old mansions and churches. There are also plenty of local shops and Cuban eateries here where you can sample some local delicacies.

3. erez

erez New Member

Hi, it depends as Jenna said. I was there and I loved many places. I remember I liked Holguin very much, and also Trinidad just to mention a few. I lived in family houses but there are also hotels in the main cities, certainly Varadero and Habana.
    If you need more info, let me know...