Things to do in Cusco

Discussion in 'Peru' started by world trecker, Dec 15, 2006.

1. world trecker

world trecker New Member

I just found out I'll have a good amount of downtime while on a business trip to Cusco early next year. Can any of the Peru experts (or anyone else) send some advice my way on what to do? I've been once before but it was brief, awhile ago, and I didn't see much. So consider this a first trip, I guess. Thanks!

2. Richard Leon

Richard Leon New Member

Hello there,

Cuzco is simply the best. There is soooo much you can do and at very good prices. Apart from the main attractions such as Sacred Valley, Ollantaytambo, Chincheros, Sacsayhuaman, Pisaq and Machu Picchu, Below are just some of the many things you can do:

Whitewater river rafting
    **Anything from halfday, to multi day with camping

Horseback riding
    **same, one day, 2 days, camping, etc.

Mountain biking (very fun)
    **1day, 2day

Treks:
    **4day Classi Inka Trail to Machu Picchu (the best one)
    **5Day Salkantay to Machu Picchu
    **Choqeqirao Trek
    **Lares Trek

Jungle
    **you can go to Puerto Maldonado from Cuzco or hire a 4x4 and drive yourself towards the Manu national reserve. I did this last year and it wa just the best. You feel like you are in a Jeep TV comercial.

The town of Cuzco itself is a complete pleasure and lazy free days in this town is the best.

I lived in Cuzco most of last year and just fell in love with it.

Hope this helps and dont hestitate to contact me if you want more information.

3. Dina

Dina New Member

Just going there myself thought for searching for recommendations before I post and am happy to find this reply.

Thanks.