Things to do in Dubai

Discussion in 'United Arab Emirates' started by froggies, Jun 26, 2008.

1. froggies

froggies New Member

hey all of you,thinking of spending a week in Dubai and cover the major places during our stay. I know Dubai is a big city and much to do with in a week, but we can cover Desert Safari, Dow Cruise and City Tour, anything else could someone suggest.hopefully few more ideas?

2. lu12sd

lu12sd New Member

hi, In my opinion Dubai offers something for everyone and has 100's of things to do. During our visit we went to Dubai Museum, Jumeirah Mosque, Mall of the Emirates, the gold and spice souks and a desert safari!

We took a big bus tour to explore the city and I think it is convenient & safe way to go around Dubai city. They operate the tours between 9am and 5pm daily. Take the Red Route tour and visit the best sights including the Dubai Creek, Al Fahidi Fort & Dubai Museum, the Souks (bazaars) and a few shopping malls. hope you have a great Dubai tour!

3. richards

richards New Member

Aquatic Adventure or deep sea fishing is a not to miss activity during anyone's Dubai visit. It's an interesting "catch and release" fishing activity in the luxury boats with fishing equipments. The tour duration is 4 hours any time of the day and the cost is 136$ US. It is little expensive but worth to visit. don't miss this.

4. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

I did 3 days in Dubai in April and could have easily done 3 more as there was so much to see and do.

I wanted to do the double-decker Big Bus Company sightseeing tour (which has many free inclusions) but ended up doing private touring and stayed at the Jumeirah Beach Resort. As a guest I had access to the Wild Wadi waterPark next door and I was able to go to the top of the Burj al Arab one evening for drinks.

I would highly recommend doing or at least seeing these things I did/saw:

Mall of the Emirates,
    Ski Dubai,
    Ft. Lisaili for the dinner under the stars extravaganza
    Jumeirah Mosque
    Dubai Museum
    The souks of the Madinat Jumeirah Resort
    Sheikh Mohamed Center for Cultural Understanding

You will also want to consider perhaps a Dhow Dinner Cruise on Dubai River,
    Desert Safari