Things to do in Florida

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Hoboscouts, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Hoboscouts

Hoboscouts New Member

Florida is a very nice place to visit. If your not a fan of snow maybe consider coming here in the winter. Some things to do in Florida are:

1.Disney World- A place to bring your kids, with things to do for you too. Maybe go on Space Mountain.

2.Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo- See more than 2000 animals on 41 acres of land.

3.Daytona- If NASCAR is your game this is a great place to go, Its also for anyone else since it includes amusmnet parks, a movie theater, and a Transportation museum.

4.Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center- This is a very fine place for people who like dance, musical performances, theatrical and television productions, opera, awards programs, pageants, and conventions.

For more top things to do visit Destination360's guide and article on
    The top things to do in Flordia

2. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

A list of the best things to do in Florida is going to be long. There is just so much to do beginning with the pristine beaches and fresh seafood of the panhandle. All the way to the southern most tip of the state, vacationers can snorkel, fish, swim, scuba dive, go sailing in Key West and the Dry Tortugas and visit Hemingway’s famous home. In-between on the east coast, there’s Daytona Beach where the annual Daytona 500 race takes place along with historic St. Augustine and its fort. St Augustine is the oldest city in the US.

Melbourne is the center of the space coast and visitors can tour Kennedy Space Center (Cape Canaveral.) Miami has the nightlife, cultural sites, family attractions, and plenty of water activities including airboat tours of the Everglades. Central Florida is home to Mickey Mouse, Epcot, Universal, and SeaWorld providing hours of entertainment at any one of the theme parks. The west coast is a favorite location for beach goers and golfers visiting the cities of Tampa, St Petersburg, and Clearwater. World-famous Busch Gardens is located in Tampa and right across the street is the Adventure Island water park. This is just a taste of things to do when visiting Florida.

3. destplanher

destplanher New Member

fun things to do in Florida

things i like doing in Florida include:

1.skinny dipping at night with friends
    2.seeing a sunrise or sunset with the girlfriend
    3.swimming with dolphins
    4.camping at Fort Wilderness with family
    5.driving around the residential areas of Florida and viewing the Christmas light displays

4. bmd

bmd Guest

Florida is one of my favorite destinations! I always love, love, love going to Miami South Beach; there's just an atmosphere that's so very classy and chic about that particular area that draws me in every time. Another of my favorite things to do is to drive the Overseas Highway. I do love to stop at the various stops and sightseeing areas along the way to Key West, and even Key West is a lovely place to go, but the drive is the most beautiful part of the trip for me. Orlando is everyone's favorite, because there are just so many fun places to go and see and things to do. Although this restaurant is everywhere, I really love going to Bahama Breeze, mostly because the atmosphere in this area is pretty fun and almost always buzzing. I enjoyed Disney Downtown several times and every time I pass through. Wherever you go, remember to have fun! Don't worry about seeing everything, just enjoy!

5. cincinnatikid

cincinnatikid New Member

Sunsets of course!!

6. galaxyy23

galaxyy23 New Member

fun things to do in Florida

Visiting the everglades alligator farm is one of the coolest things you can do in Florida. You can ride a fantastic guided airboat tours and see the famous 14 ft "Grandpa" alligator. You can also see snake handlers doing daring things with snakes

7. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Another fun thing for families to do in Florida is spend the day at the new LEGOLAND theme park in Winter Haven. The 150-acre park has interactive areas for kids, rides, shows, shopping, and restaurants. If you're planning a visit, the park has package deals on accommodations and admission tickets.