Things to do in Ireland

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Vicolette, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

There's too much to list but for first time travelers, here are just a few activities to consider:

Tour the castles
    Visit the walled city of Londonderry
    Play a round of golf at one of the hundreds of courses
    Plan your vacation around one of the traditional Celtic, angling, food, film,arts and crafts, or music festivals
    Enjoy one of the many available walking tours
    Don't miss the Guinness Brewery for a sample or two along with lunch

Please share any popular attractions, points of interest not in the guidebooks, or those places off the beaten path places you find when exploring on your own for those making their way to Ireland this year.

2. fuliope

fuliope New Member

scenic drives of Ireland

one thing you really gotta do in Ireland is drive around. Driving in Ireland is pretty easy and rewarding especially when you're driving along the smaller rural roads. Another route you need to experience in Ireland is along the Cliffs of Moher and the the Ring of Kerry...they're are absolutely stunning!

3. abdc5

abdc5 New Member

tour Ireland's castles

touring the castles in Ireland is something you really have to do because Irish castles are filled with so much history, character and there even some haunted castles to visit. the most popular castles in Ireland are the Bunratty Castle and Blarney Castle, which are located just outside of Dublin.

4. Vicolette

Are guided driving tours a good way to see Ireland or is it better to go it alone? I'd definitely want to see everything including the cliffs and the castles. So much history to experience. A trip of a lifetime.

5. fuliope

fuliope New Member

driving tours in Ireland

depends how many days you plan to be in Ireland...if you're only going to be there for, say, 5 days it's best you go for a guided tour even though it'll be more expensive than the self drive option. Self driving tours can be rewarding and a great way to experience Ireland but on a short trip going it alone isn't worth it..just my opinion

6. Vicolette

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

7. aniejomes

aniejomes New Member

There is so much to do and see in Ireland. If you love to play golf then you can enjoy playing golf in world class golf courses like Ballybunion etc. If you like horseback riding, then you can just go for equestrian vacations and i am sure you just fall in love with the scenic beauty of Emerald Isle.

8. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

My friend Dave took one of the guided tours and he really raved about it. He loved having the expert do all of the planning and all of the driving. He had to pay one price and get to the airport, and then he was ready to explore. His favorite place was the Blarney Castle and seeing the Blarney Stone.

I would love to go on a genealogy tour to see where the family lived generations ago.