things to do in laos

Discussion in 'Laos' started by steeldoor, Feb 15, 2011.

1. steeldoor

steeldoor New Member

Hey everyone,

I'll be heading into Laos in a few months. I personally don't know much about Laos and was wondering what the top things are to see/do.

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

Laos boasts stunning mountains and beautiful scenery so the main things to do in Laos are outdoor activities and adventure pursuits such as taking biking tours of the country side through the Khammuan and Bolikhamsai Provinces.

Taking excursions into the Nam Ha National Protected Area is another popular pursuit in Laos and one of the best places in Laos to soak in traditional way of village life.

There is also caves that you can check out such as Tham Kong Lo cave, which is a 3-mile river cave that you can explore on a canoe tour.

3. Elle

Elle New Member

My favorite places in Laos is 3000 island just for chilling and Vang Vien for have fun and parties and of course tubing..

4. stuartthomas

stuartthomas New Member

You’ll be pleased to hear that Laos is one of the cheapest places in the world for adventure. The country is easily affordable on a backpacking budget. We could keep ourselves busy without breaking the bank.

Things to do in Laos
    Rock Climbing in Vang Vieng
    Tubing in Laos
    Mountain Biking in Laos
    Caving in Laos

5. I spend in Laos only a couple of days, but I could stay there for weeks. I've never been in a place that makes you feel so relaxed. You notice, that doesn't matter where you are, you just enjoy being there.
    My first real stop was in Luang Prabang. After all you see on there road when getting there, you might come to a conclusion that were teleported to a little french town. The place is so idyllic you want to stay there forever. I highly recommend to find a place called "Utopia". It's a tropical river view garden restaurant and bar. Amazing atmosphere. I went there just to "have a look", was back every night :)
    Laos is a place I will visit again as soon as possible.

6. brayden lyle

brayden lyle New Member

Vang Vieng, Khoun Kong Leng, Pha That Luang, Kuang Si, Tham Khoun Xe, Wat Phu, etc are destinations you shouldn't miss in the trip to Laos. In addition, you can be involved in night market in Luang Prabang. I believe you will find out useful information from his site Laos Guides Archives - Asia Travel