things to do in Morocco

Discussion in 'Morocco' started by dandelion1, Mar 1, 2011.

1. dandelion1

dandelion1 New Member

hello, my wife and I want to go to Morocco sometime this year, and we're flexible with our travel dates..i'd like to know what kinda of stuff do people get up to there? any must do's?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

I've been to Morocco 4 times and I still can't say I have seen or done everything that Morocco offers. I can say that a trip to Morocco won't be complete without having visited or done a desert tour, camel riding, skiing, visiting Zagora, the Kasbah Valley, the portuguese city of Mazagon, or the spectacular Dades Valley.

For me, must things to do in Morocco are going to the Sahara Desert, going on a camel ride, visiting the legendary film studios in Ouarzazate and going skiing.

3. maggy pol

maggy pol New Member

I'm just back, again, from Morocco, and my heart has once again been captured by the beauty of this land.

This time we visited Marakech, Ouarzazate and - the best part - down into the desert, to Merzouga, the dunes, camel ride (what an adventure!) and a night under the stars in a real berber tent. We thought we had learned what Morocco means, in our first time there, but we found there is a lot more to be seen.

4. yourmoroccotour

yourmoroccotour New Member

My favorite things to do in Morocco include visiting Marrakech, the old medina, stay in one of the riads, stroll the souks, view the snake charmers, henna ladies, tooth pullers at the Djema El Fna Square

I'd also suggest visiting Fes' Medina, though get a guide as the medina can be quite confusing and is larger then in Marrakech.

5. righttravel

righttravel New Member

View the Royal Palace and the ancient ruins of Chellah, the Oudaya Kasbah, and the Hassan Tower. Travel through Meknès, stopping to see the most exquisite entrance gate in the city walls, the Bab Mansour. Next, visit the ancient ruins of the Roman City of Volubilis and the exterior of the nearby Mausoleum of Moulay Idriss. This evening enjoy a short walking tour of the imperial city of Fez conducted. There is more lot to do in morocco...

6. leonidas

leonidas New Member

what i suggest for you is to plan to visit morocco by Regions ( north , center , and the south " desert " )

7. kaan

kaan New Member

to the sahara is a must but to M'Hamid then drive into the desert by 4x4 to Erg Chegaga far better than Merzouga less bus loads of tourists but also the north of Morocco is beautiful and certainly worth a visit so decide where and how many days you would like to be in Morocco