Things to do in Nepal

Discussion in 'Nepal' started by stevebet, Jun 24, 2008.

1. stevebet

stevebet New Member

I'm a student and a budget backpacker planning a Nepal tour from late October to late December, so please help me on the following:

what is the cost for Everest base camp trekking? how about the November weather ? what are the things to do in Nepal?

looking forward for great replies.

many thanks
    steve

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

hi steve, Nepal has world's highest mountains and offers wonderful opportunities for rafting, Jungle safari, trekking and mountain flight. You said you are going in November, so normally the weather from Mid October to November is always good, clear and dry, so go ahead.
    The average cost comes around 25US$ for Everest Base camp per person/day. You can try the trekking in the Annapurna range during your Nepal trip. There are lots of things to do in Nepal including white water rafting, elephant safaris in Chitwan national park, visiting the Garden of Dreams, Pashupatinath Temple and Ghats. visit Pokhara as well, it is a beautiful place and there is a bus from Kathmandu. Even Kathmandu is an amazing place so go around and enjoy your trip!

3. stevebet

stevebet New Member

Thanks for your time Andrew, need one more help... please..

where can i buy trekking equipment in Nepal? is there any possibility to rent the equipments instead of buying and carrying around? how must deposit do they ask for renting? any idea... thanks again- steve.

4. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Steve, You can't rent warm clothing, sleeping bag, shoes and personal items and you have to own them. For trekking you don't need any climbing equipment such as ropes, ice axe, or crampons during the
    trek, only some of the items such as down jackets,sleeping bags, trekking gears and daypacks will be needed.Deposits are needed and that are equally valued of the equipment, but never leave your passport as a deposit. Don't overload yourself because it will be very dangerous. Friend of mine rented the equipment from the "Himalayan Glacier Trekking Pvt. Ltd" which is one of the popular trekking equipment rental companies in
    Kathmandu
    and he said that the rental charges were reasonable from them, their contact number is 977-1-4411387, you can easily find their place if you call them. hope this would help you! best of luck!