Things to do in New Zealand

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Vicolette, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

New Zealand is one of my top 10 places on my bucket list. It has everything from mountains, rainforest, volcano and beaches. How diverse is that. Plenty to do with hiking, skiing, bungy jumping, sky diving, blackwater rafting, wine tours, whale and dolphin watching and much, much more. Take a look at New Zealand when planning your next adventure.

2. TmaszAdam

TmaszAdam New Member

wanting to go to New Zealand

I first grew interested in New Zealand when I watched a documentary on New Zealand. New Zealand is so gorgeous and the natural landscapes are simply jaw-breaking. I too want to go there sometime in the not too distant future to bungy jump and hang glide.

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I'm always saying "I'm moving to New Zealand." Such a beautiful country with so much to do. One thing I'd like to do is tour the wineries. The bungy jumping and hang gliding would be awesome to watch. I don't think I could take the leap. Ziplining through the rainforest would be more my speed. :)

4. jackbenny

jackbenny New Member

BEAUTIFUL country !!aidback attitudes of people. Lots of stuff to do, either outdoorsy stuff, or in the cities. Close to Australia and pacific islands for holidays. You can choose to live in subtropical northland, or continental Dunedin. Dolphins mountains. flat plains. BEACHES! Never live more than 1-2 hours from a beach.

5. StephanieGodfrey

StephanieGodfrey New Member

TOTALLY AGREE! From gentle, scenic short walks to multi-day adventures, experience Aotearoa on foot and immerse yourself in the bush, beach and wilderness you came to see.

6. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

And of course, there's all the Lord of the Rings tourism. The Hobbit Town that Peter Jackson had built for the movie is still there. You can even stay overnight at Hobbiton and see the green pastures that look right out of the shire. I'd like to the Antarctic museum that the have in New Zeeland. I think there's a bunch of penguins there to see too!

7. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I want to go to New Zealand too. It just sounds so cool...but it's so far away. I would love to see the Antarctic museum. Not many people think of New Zealand as a launching point to the icy continent, but it is. I think that Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium is tops on my list.

8. Vikramkhanna

Vikramkhanna New Member

There are many things to do in New Zealand, here is few things to do in New Zealand you cannot afford to miss:
    • Explore the Milford Sound
    • Hike to the Milford Track Guided Walk
    • Tongariro Crossing
    • Capture a whale… through a lens - Kaikoura