things to do in north carolina

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by p_parker, May 6, 2007.

1. p_parker

p_parker New Member

my family and i are looking for things to do in north carolina. we definitely want to spend some time on the beach, camping, and possibly some hiking. anyone got suggestions? we'll be out in the area for about two weeks in the summer.

2. everyann

everyann Guest

Things to do in North Carolina are definitely for people from all walks of life and can be done just about all year round. What do you enjoy doing on vacation?

Here are some of my suggestions:

1.North Carolina Beaches
    Well since it's getting nicer out and it's just about that time when people start hitting the beaches, why not? Lay out be lazy and get a tan. Be sure to prepare with the right sunblock! If you don't go to swim, you can always go for the people watching. You can't go wrong, you're bound to see one beautiful body.

2. North Carolina Golf
    It's quite the popular choice, among locals and visitors. Golf courses in North Carolina are world class and are a great way to spend the day.

3. North Carolina Wineries
    If you like wine, wine tasting, or seeing the winery, North Carolina is home to some of the finest wineries. Enjoy dinner and have a tasting session.

4. Mint Museum Charlotte
    Don't get too excited, of course it's not used to manufacter any mint but instead houses some great pieces of art.

5. North Carolina Camping
    Since you're interesting in North Carolina camping then you'd want to make a trip out to the Great Smoky Mountains. It's great for both the camping and hiking but it's about to start its busy season so try to book in advance.

Hope this helps! Happy Travels!!

3. Conti

Conti New Member

My brother is moving to North Carolina this summer. I'll have to share this list with him.

4. p_parker

p_parker New Member

I agree! Thanks for the suggestions everyann! We'll definitely hit the beach but I'm not so sure if I'm in shape for the hikes at the Great Smoky Mountains. What's the skill levels of the trails?

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

With so many things to do in North Carolina, it’s hard to pick just one. For beach activity, the Outer Banks and Nags Head are prime vacation locations and for quiet, out of the way fishing and boating excursions, there’s Ocracoke Island Enjoy winter snow skiing at Wolf Ridge Ski Resort in western NC or Beech Mountain. There are plenty of hiking trails, waterfalls, camping, and mountain biking at Pisgah, Nantahala, Uwharrie, and Croatan National Forests. You can also visit the historic Trail of Tears and walk along the Appalachian Trail. Popular attractions are the Biltmore House located in Asheville, Great Smoky Mountain Railroad in Bryson City, and the Wright Brothers Museum in Kill Devil Hills.