things to do in Shelburne with kids

Discussion in 'Vermont' started by lovacK, Jul 15, 2010.

1. lovacK

lovacK New Member

hey folks,

Im taking my family this September to Burlington to enjoy the fall colors and I was wondering what attractions Shelburne offers..what things to do in Shelburne with kids would you recommend?

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi there,

Shelburne village is only seven miles south of downtown Burlington, and you'll find here many attractions like the Shelburne Museum and the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory, just south of the Shelburne Museum.

Shelburne Farms is another sight worth seeing with your family and for a small fee you can tour the grounds and experience working on a farming.

If you love horses, you will also want to visit the National Museum of the Morgan House, which is a center dedicated to the famous Vermont breed of horses.

If you want to take your family on a day trip a little farther afield, head to the popular Ben and Jerry’s ice cream factory in Waterbury.

hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Fall is a good time to add an orchard trip to your plans. Shelburne Orchards is nestled along 80 scenic acres of Lake Champlain land...The orchard came through Hurricane Irene pretty well, only losing a few honeycrisp trees.

4. jonasbrothers

jonasbrothers New Member

going to Shelburne with kids

if you're looking for non-touristy stuff to do with children I would suggest going Shelburne Farms rather than wasting time at the Cabot Annex. You will be able to take a tour of Shelburne Farms, but do try to go on the earliest possible tour to get a chance to see the cheese making in progress. they also have a petting zoo where you will be able to play with the goats! And be sure to eat at the farm, especially the cider donuts which are yummylicious:)

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

There's also the Shelburne Museum, a collection of buildings and historic vessels. It's got paintings, quilts, folk art, and some other amazing things. They do special tours and hands-on events that would interest the kiddoes who visit.