things to do in Zambia

Discussion in 'Zambia' started by genx, Oct 13, 2008.

1. genx

genx New Member

hi, I have visited many European cities but haven't been to Africa. This year i'm planning my vacation to Zambia, so need help on when to visit and interesting things to do in Zambia. I'm not sure about any places, so please share anything about Zambia vacation, thanks a lot.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Zambia a great tourist destination and every visitor to Zambai must visit Victoria Falls, Zambezi river and the Luangwa National Park. The Victoria falls is the most popular attraction of Zambia and it lies between Zambia and Zimbabwe. This 1 mile wide falls offers adventourous activites such as Bungee Jumping, White-water rafting, Kayak, canoe, abseil and river board. And the best time to visit the Victoria falls is between March and May.

There are many types of Zambia tours are available including Canoeing tours, day trips, walking safaris and much more to suit your budget and interest, so choose according to your wish.Zambia offers wonderful safaris and Luangwa National Parks have the best walking safaris, so don't miss it. Also visit Kasanka National Park, Lake Kariba , Livingstone Memorial, monuments, museums & art Galleries and explore Zambia!

3. genx

genx New Member

thanks for your suggestions and help. I'm thinking of going in January, how about the weather in Zambia during late jan and early Feb, is it a good time to visit Victoria falls? can you help on this please, so that i'll book my ticket:)

4. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

hi genx, the weather in Victoria falls is normally dry but January and February are the heaviest rainy months and very difficult to travel. You have to carry coats and cover-ups to bear the cold nights, so it's recommended to travel from April to May or August to September. hope this helps!

5. chithanh119

chithanh119 New Member

Thanks for your informative post!

6. genx

genx New Member

oh! really, so I can't plan my trip in January. thanks Andrew, how about Egypt, is it good in January?

7. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Egypt has good weather condition from October to May, so January is a perfect month for your Egypt vacation. Few of my friends are from Egypt and they visit Egypt once in a year. I came to know from them that, the weather during the day is about 20 degrees celcius and night is bit chilly. But be sure to check the weather report before you book or pack anything.

8. genx

genx New Member

sounds good. booked my Egypt tour, going with friend of mine, starting Jan 7th. thanks.