Things to do on Canal Street

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Alfred2, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Alfred2

Alfred2 New Member

hi guys,

I am not sure if Canal Street is worth a visit? has anyone been along this street and what things to do on Canal Street can you do? any ideas?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

hi there,

Canal Street is home to many entertainment, dining, and music opportunities, and it is where you'll find some of the most luxurious hotels in New Orleans.

Also, if you are an avid shopper, the street is home to many opportunities and you will find modern retailers including Ann Taylor and Banana Republic, as well as independent retailers selling everything from retro and vintage threads to precious antiques and collectibles.

3. bmd

bmd Guest

Canal Street is definitely worth a visit. It's the main street in the French Quarter, but Canal, itself, isn't what you're looking for...it's what you'll find just off Canal Street. There's plenty to see and do all over the place there. Bourbon Street begins right there on Canal. You can catch the St. Charles Streetcar just off Canal...it takes you to the Garden District...a most beautiful area of New Orleans. The aquarium, the River Walk, and Harrah's are all in the same junction on Canal. Usually, when I visit, I use Canal as my point of reference when I'm finding any place in the Quarter. Enjoy your visit!!

4. RobertKelly

RobertKelly New Member

take the ferry on Canal Street

I think one of the best things to do on Canal Street is to take the ferry ride over to Alger's Point. The ferry is free for pedestrians and takes all of 5 minutes to cross the Mississippi and dock at Algier's Point. Once there, you will be able to walk around a little and fell in love with the old, well kept houses and the serenity.