things to do on one Day Cruise in Cayman

Discussion in 'Cayman Islands' started by gentleboy, Apr 1, 2013.

1. gentleboy

gentleboy New Member

Just wanted to share some ideas on stuff to do in the Caymans in 24 hours...I was there early this year on a Caribbean cruise and the Cayman islands were one of my favorite islands. First place I suggest visiting is Seven Mile Beach, which is Cayman's most amazing beach. You don't have to walk the whole length but a long walk is just superb because of the beach bars along it. The second place i suggest is the Turtle Farm, which is located at Boatswain's Beach Adventure Park.

2. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

Re: things to do on oOne Day Cruise in Cayman

So much to do on Grand Cayman Island.

I have been fortunate to spend both many cruise days there plus extended holidays in a beachfront home.

The problem won't be not having any choices on GCI. Here's some other ideas:

World-Famous Stingray City for everyone—with or without snorkel gear where you can feed and touch the friendly Southern Atlantic stingrays.

Stroll thru historic George Town with a vast array of duty-free shops and restaurants by the waterfront.

Spend a day at Rum Point on GCI's quiet North Side known for its clear, calm waters and tall pines and where you can sink into a hammock with a book, swim, snorkel, or try a glass-bottom boat trip. Lots to choose from drinks and eats too. Nearby is the Kaibo Yacht Club.

Go to Hell just north of the Seven Mile Beach in West Bay with its tacky gift shop and behind the shop take a look at the million-year-old calcareous rock that has been blackened by fungus over time making the landscape look like a vision into Hell. Be sure to mail a postcard from Hell, complete with the official postmark.

Boatswain’s Beach is the name of the new 30-acre marine theme park that is the expansion of the Cayman Turtle Farm. It is the world’s only commercial Green Sea Turtle farm with over 16,000 sea turtles, ranging in size from six ounces to six hundred pounds. The new attraction of Boatswain’s Beach is a 1.3 Million Gallon Saltwater Snorkel Lagoon where visitors can swim with turtles and other marine life, a Predator Tank (viewable by snorkelers), an Aviary and Iguana sanctuary, a Nature Trail and “Blue Hole†Sunken Cave, Caymanian Heritage Street with porch-side artisans and crafts and restaurants.

Butterfly Farm with butterflies from around the globe and fun for all ages.

Tortuga Rum Company stores for a Tortuga Rum Cake.

View marine life from a submarine via Atlantis submarines in a glass bottom boat from atop the water.

The National Trust for the Cayman Islands office, located in George Town, offers visitors extensive information on the destination’s history and environment, national symbols and culture. Tours are also available including the National Gallery, National Museum in George Town, and Pedro St. James in nearby Savannah - Cayman's oldest surviving stone structure, and the nation's “Birthplace of Democracy."

Just a start...

3. Geropaskj

Geropaskj New Member

Cayman sting Ray

Great bit of information provided by the last poster..I too second sting Ray! You gotta visit while in the Caymans for sure...It will be the most incredible experience you'll get feel there interacting with these wild animals that are so soft and gentle and friendly.