things to see in Singapore

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by filapond, Aug 10, 2009.

1. filapond

filapond New Member

hiya, what things you recommend seeing and doing while in Singapore?

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi there,

Things to see include:

- The Chinese New Year

- Deepavali, Indian Festival of Lights in November

- Hari Raya Puasa , celebrated by the Malay Muslims to signify the end of the fasting season is also in November.

- Mid Autumn Festival or Lantern Festival, a harvest celebration in September.

If you want to experience the real Singapore, apart from the shopping malls in Orchard Rd, go to Little India, Chinatown or the Sultan Mosque area. This is where Singapore is at its most authentic and exotic.

Another great thing to do in Singapore is eating at a hawker centre where you can find original Singaporean street food. such as soup tulang, chicken rice, fish ball noodles, etc.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. page

page New Member

Try to get yourself a copy of Singapore travel guide upon your arrival in Changi Airport. The guide is usually good enough for you to determine where you could start off your discovery of Singapore.

Of course you will never go wrong with the popular Singapore tourist attractions such as the Singapore Zoo , Singapore Night Safari (Night Zoo), Jurong Bird Park , Sentosa Island and the Singapore Flyer etc.

Sentosa Island itself is full of fun filled activities and it could easily take you a day to discover the whole of Sentosa. Some of the fun activities in Sentosa you should not miss are 4D Magix, Cineblast, Tiger Sky Tower, the Luge and Skyride, Songs of the Sea and many more.

Besides visiting attractions, you should also experience the nightlife of Singapore. Some great night spots in Singapore are Chijmes Singapore , Mohammed Sultan Road , Robertson Quay and Holland Village.

4. khelzy09

khelzy09 New Member

Things to do in Singapore

-go shopping in orchard road

-take a trip along Singapore river aboard a bumboat

-prop up the bar at the raffles hotel

-take the short trip across to sentosa island, with its many and varied attractions

-explore the national orchid garden in Singapore's Botanic gardens

-enter the fascinating world of nocturnal wildlife at night safari

-take to the water and canoe around the island

-hang out with the trendy locals in Chinatown's club street

-remember the dark days of japanese wartime occupation at the changi museum and chapel

Things to see in Singapore

-Enjoy panoramic views over Singapore island and beyond from the 165m tall Singapore Flyer

-Experience a world of religions at Buddhist and Hindu temples, mosques and Anglican and Catholic cathedrals

-Relive the island's past at the refurbished National Museum of Singapore

-Come face to face with birdlife at the Jurong Bird Park on Jurong Hill

-View what was once an ancient fort of the Malay kings, covering 2.8 hectares (7 acres): Fort Canning Park, on Fort Canning Rise.

-Relive colonial days near the Singapore River, and wander towards the imposing Parliament House

-Give yourself a chance to meet the President. Open to the public just five times yearly, the Istana

-Tickle your tastebuds at Lau Pa Sat, the largest surviving Victorian filigree cast-iron structure in South-East Asia

-See the biggest guns ever built outside the UK, installed by the British in 1939 for the defense of Singapore

5. PamelaWalker

PamelaWalker New Member

I never get the chance to visit this wonderful location. But one friend of mine visited this place last year. He used to share his experience about this location every time I meet him. I just saw the pictures of this place. From the pictures I can imagine the beauty of it.

6. kumarmanoj1

kumarmanoj1 New Member

The small country of Singapore is actually loaded with fun stuffs and tourists attractions, be it the night bars, universal studios, night safari or cruising. However, the main surprise lies in the Singapore Changi Airport. As soon as your plane land you will be enthralled to see such an enticing airport.

7. jeffreyty002

jeffreyty002 New Member

Surely, there are so many things to see and do in Singapore. I believe that Singapore is great when it comes to shopping and dining. If you are a shopaholic why not go to the famous Orchard Road where you can see famous retail stores like Chanel or Louis Vuitton maybe. If you want a relaxing place go ahead to Botanic Gardens. And don't forget to visit Universal Studios because you will surely love it.

8. Vikramkhanna

Vikramkhanna New Member

Known as the Lion city, the Garden city and the Red dot, Singapore is one of the most popular tourist destinations in South-East Asia. There are many things to do in Singapore, here is a list of few things you can try out on your Singapore holiday:
    1. Go for Singapore Grand Prix
    2. Explore Singapore Botanic Gardens
    3. Go for Food tours
    4. Visit Marina Bay & Universal studios
    5. Kayaking

9. salvio

salvio New Member

I would say that you must visit the Changi airport, Singapore.