Tikal car rental

Discussion in 'Tikal' started by fc123, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fc123

fc123 New Member

Hi, I was wondering how to get Tikal from Belize. is there public trasport available or we need to get Tikal car rental? I'm trying to find it,but i can't seem to find any. anyone did it? look forward to hearing from you!

2. Lynnie81

Lynnie81 Moderator

There are several trips to Tikal available which depart from Belize. You can take a day trip from the San Ignacio Hotel or there is also the option of a Tikal Day trip with over night stay from the Windy Hill Resort or San Ignacio Hotel Resort. I would imagine the San Ignacio would be the best option as you dont mention wanting to stay overnight.

Choosing this option would mean you could relax and enjoy the tour with no hassles. These are only a couple of suggestions. You havent mentioned if you are staying in a hotel in Belize but if you are the hotel staff should be able to give you information on the best way to travel to Tikal. Car Hire is an option of course but may be more expensive. It would be worth while to look at the Car Rental pages. This will look at multiple sites and quote you the best price for Car Rental in Belize.

I hope this has helped.

3. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

There are number of options avilable to get to Tikal from Belize ranging from private car rental to public transportation.
    The easiest way is get a bus and reach Tikal safely. They have direct daily departures buses from Belize City to Tikal, starting from $25 US.

You can even rent a car or van but travel up to the border, disembark, cross the border on your own, and get an other vehicle. Really it saves money and time.

Choose your option and go ahead!

4. fredd

fredd New Member

Flights to Tikal

Hey all,I'm planning a trip to Tikal with my dad in late August. We'll be there for 2 days. We would like to fly to Tikal from Guatamala - does anyone know the cost of flights....is it worth spending there for 2 days or so?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.