tips for finding the cheapest flights

Discussion in 'Travel Industry News' started by VacationBuddy, Jun 18, 2011.

1. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Here's my top tips for finding the cheapest flights

1. Scour multiple websites to get the best deal

2. Book your flight at least a month before you're due to travel.

3. Avoid booking a flight to depart on Friday or Saturday. I find that departing on Wednesday or late Sunday gets you the best deals.

4. Don't assume discount airlines like JetBlue and AirTran are cheapest. All they do is change their fares less frequently so, they're great if you want to lock in a price with confidence.

5. Buying last minute won't always get you a cheap ticket. in fact, prices are generally higher for seats sold at the last minute because business travelers buy them.

6. Book a flight with the non-refundable option as refundable tickets tend to be the most expensive.

7. Avoid traveling to the destination if a conference or special event is happening there city (i.e. the Summerfest in Milwaukee).

tips for finding the cheapest flights

2. d360

d360 Administrator

Great tips!

3. samantha83

samantha83 New Member

Those are really good tips, thanks so much for the info. I will be sure to take those into consideration next time I book flights.

4. ankydas

ankydas New Member

really nice tips..!! One can get cheap flights by registering 3 or 4 months before..It will cost too cheap, around half of the original instant ticket rate.

5. TheExpert

TheExpert New Member

There is no single best way to find cheap Australia flights. It all depends where you come from, and where in Australia you want to go. It depends on how flexible you are with your schedule, how long you plan to stay in Australia, and what you plan to do when you are here.

6. trologger

trologger New Member

book flights early

many people seem to underestimate the benefits of booking a flight early. With oil prices going up, airlines are raising fees, I would say book your flight as soon as you know when you’re going instead of playing the waiting game.

7. holidaygermany

holidaygermany New Member

Thanks for the post...Proper planning makes any travel more pleasant and comfortable..

8. CrimsonBay

CrimsonBay New Member

using flight search engines

to chime in I would add using flight search engines to find the cheapest flights then book directly with the airline. It doesn't always work out cheaper though since I found sometimes that booking online with a booking operator actually worked out best. Anyhows, do your checks and and plan ahead...all the best