tips for Slovenia

Discussion in 'Slovenia' started by berryberry, Apr 12, 2011.

1. berryberry

berryberry New Member

We are going to Slovenia in the end of May. We are thinking of spending the first night in Trieste, then travel by bus to Piran and stay 3 nights then on to Ljubljana for 2 nights and then on to bled for 4 nights.

Has anyone been to Trieste and is it worth spending 1 night there? can you give me any tips on things to do or places to eat in any of the other locations?

Thanks in advance

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

I was in Ljubjana a few years back and really liked it. It's a small city but nice to walk around and enough to keep you interested for a weekend, and the best thing is that you can visit the stunning Bled which is just a short bus ride from Ljubjana.

One thing I'd say is that unless you have a lot of time to spare, I would suggest going directly from Mestre to Ljubliana via Trieste.

A more interesting and romantic option might be to go to Gorizia via Udine, cross the Italy/Slovenia border at Nova Gorica and catch a train directly to Bled.

Honestly, I would not bother staying in Trieste since it isn't that great and the people, in my experience, tend to be surly towards tourists.