Tips for traveling with senior citizens

Discussion in 'Vacations' started by Vicolette, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Family vacations many times include grandparents who might not be as energetic or agile and available to do many vacation activities like hiking, canoeing, or long hours at a theme park. What are some vacation activities, tips, or locations you've incorporated into your travel itinerary to ensure everyone of all ages has a great time?

2. travelbunch

travelbunch New Member

plan before you travel

Working out whether the place we want to vacation to is suitable for everyone. For instance, I wanted to take my grandpa to NYC for the first time but decided against it because I feared my grandpa may not be up to the huge crowds of the City. It would have been very difficult for him to get around NYC walking and using the subway.

3. diro22

diro22 New Member

traveling with senior citizens? be ready!

Tips? Patience, Patience and Patience. You bet you will need that when traveling with elderly and kids. Saying this, it's worth the hassle traveling with grandparents and kids because grandpas get to babysit for your kids and the little ones get to see how families can work together!

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

My brother and I are planning a to take our mom to Chicago for a weekend to see her granddaughter. Figure a nice 2-day spring getaway will be a good start to test the waters and see how she fares in the Windy City.

5. peter

peter New Member

I don't understand why some people face such type of problems. It is our duty to take care of our elders. They did it selfless when we were not capable. I understand that you might be in a hurry during travel trips. But you can always help your elders so the trip becomes enjoyable for both.

6. melliset

melliset New Member

If you are travelling with senior citizens, then you have to be extra cautious. Don't go to those places where you have to hike or climb. Always take the medicines with you which might come into handy if someone suffers from any problem.

7. jennychavez

jennychavez New Member

Planning the budget is of utmost importance. Even your selection of the destination should depend on the extent and flexibility of the budget. Always plan the budget keeping in mind sudden expenses and make it as flexible as possible. Don’t carry too much cash. Instead, take travelers credit cards. Always keep these in your wallet and bags.