Top 10 Events in Alabama

Discussion in 'Alabama' started by wanderer, Jan 20, 2014.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

2014 is bringing a full slate of fun to the cities and towns of Alabama. A touch of history, a touch of music, and plenty of good food will unfold with these events. Here is the top 10 list as put together from Alabama Tourism. Do you have any to add? Are you planning to go to any of these Alabama events ?

1). Eagle Watching (weekends through Feb. 23) Lake Guntersville State Park
    2). Mardi Gras (Feb. 1 to March 4) Mobile
    3), Grand Opening of the Museum of Alabama (Feb. 15) Montgomery
    4). Bassmaster Classic (Feb 21 through 23) Birmingham/Guntersville
    5). Alabama Music Hall of Fame induction banquet (Feb. 28) Florence
    6). 200th anniversary of the Battle of Horseshoe Bend (March 27 through 29) Daviston
    7). 5th season of “To Kill A Mockingbird” the pay (April and May) Monroeville, Apr.-May,
    8).National Shrimp Festival (October 9 through 12) Gulf Shores
    9). Alabama Bass Trail Championship (October 10 and 11) Jasper
    10). Lyric Theatre Reopening (Christmastime) Birmingham, late December

2. KipperFG

KipperFG New Member

National Shrimp Festival is King

I love food so the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores is one of my favorite ones, also because of the 10k/5k marathon runs. I think this festival has everything going for everyone so even if you dont like shrimp you can always enjoy the activities.

3. Flunkliks

Flunkliks New Member

Alabama Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Classic

I like watching hot air balloons so my favorite event is the Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Classic in late May in Decatur. This event is free to attend and it's really cool. You can see all sorts of very different hot air balloon flights during the day including tethered balloon rides before dusk and at night and see the balloons glowing.

4. martinsmith13

martinsmith13 New Member

Its always fun in Alabama lot of events and activities.All the activities mentioned are amazing.Venues are also interesting