top 10 ski resorts

Discussion in 'Ski Areas' started by chrisbanton, Aug 30, 2010.

1. chrisbanton

chrisbanton New Member

hello,

It seems that Switzerland is one of the best places for skiing in the world. Is this true?.. I am looking for a list of top 10 ski resorts to make up my mind on our winter skiing destination but not sure we want to go all the way to Europe? any ideas?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

hi Chris,

You certainly don't have spend a vacation in Europe to enjoy a skiing vacation, as the states boasts some of the top 10 ski resorts in the world.

For instance, Snowmass Resort is the cream of the crop and one of the best in Colorado with dizzying vertical drop of over 4,000 feet, glades, cruisers, steeps, and everything else you could want, from ski lessons to snowboarding packages.

3. chatdawson2

chatdawson2 New Member

best ski resort

Oz en Oisans is one of the best in the world in my opinion. It's located in France and even though it's a small resort, it's great for those who want a less hectic ski experience. You have many ski-in / ski-out options too. Other activities you can do there include skating, hiking, rock climbing, snow shoeing and night skiing.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

What about the best ski resorts in America?

I'm going to throw my beloved Boyne in the mix. They're in Northern Michigan and host foodie events throughout the year. I just love it there. What do you think?